Ridiculous Hypotheticals

A blog asking ridiculous questions you never would've thought of.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Who to Lie to?

Would you rather lie to a stranger (and get caught) or lie to a good friend (and get away with it)?

Considerations:
  • The nature of the lie could vary widely--it could be a little white lie or a monumental lie. It would be up to chance to determine the scope of the lie.
  • If you choose to get caught, it could have serious rammifications (e.g. consider the case of getting caught lying to a Federal Grand Jury.) Again, this would be up to chance.
  • If you choose to lie to a good friend, you would never be caught, no matter what the extent of the lie.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well-if it's a good friend I might "embellish" a little in the case of "do I look like I've gained weight?" and I say "I haven't noticed anything" when clearly they have-and clearly they already know this or they wouldn't be asking.....so if that's the kind of white lie you're talking aobut.....I'd rather it be to a good friend. BUT-if it was a "hurtful-I'll-never-see-you-the-same-way-again kinda lie" I guess I'd rather do that to a stranger. Also-is the lie intentional?

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger Hypotheticon said...

You're missing the nature of the premise. Your friend that you lie to WILL NOT DISCOVER THAT YOU LIED (except of course if you opt to tell them). It might be a hurtful lie, but it might be a little white one.

The question could be: "Did you sleep with my husband?" or "Do these pants make my ass look big?"

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home